Some things to Help get your Home ready to Sell.
· Contact a roofing contractor to repair issues with the Facia and Roof of your Home.
· Edge, mow and fertilize the lawn. Reseed sparse areas.
· Trim hedges, weed lawns, flowerbeds, vegetable gardens and prune trees. Cut back overgrown shrubbery.
· Reseal cracks in foundation, steps, walkways, walls and patios. Power-wash the exterior.
· Clean and align gutters and downspouts; clean the chimney.
· Remove oil stains from driveway and garage. Keep walks and driveway swept or free of ice.
· Wash the windows inside and out. Don’t forget the screens might need to be cleaned too.
· Hire a cleaning service to thoroughly clean the interior.
· Paint the walls and ceilings off white or beige. Tip: Cleaning prior to painting will remove dust and debris for paint to appear its best.
· Repair cracks, holes and damage to plaster, wallboard, wallpaper, paint, and tiles.
· Replace damaged windowpanes, moldings and woodwork.
· Repair drippy faucets and showerheads. Unclog slow drains.
· Shampoo carpets, scrub and wax linoleum or wood floors.
· Clean out the fireplace and lay some logs in it.
· Mend torn screens. Clean out all window tracks.
· Replace burned-out light bulbs. Use brighter light bulbs.
· Re-nail creaking boards or stairs; lubricate squeaking doors.
· Clean all appliances (especially refrigerator and oven).
· Replace old toilet seats and shower curtains.
· Clear all cobwebs from corners and doorways.
· Wash all light switches, handrails and doorknobs.